Top sports tweets of 2012
PARIS, France - It's been a rollercoaster year for sports.
Remember the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. Here are Agence France-Presse's most memorable tweets of 2012:
His first pic! #excited #cute
- Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique tweeting an ultrasound image of the baby that he and Colombian pop queen Shakira are expecting (@3gerardpique)
Gil Hanse is a (expletive). Haha.
- Golfer Luke Donald had to apologise to Boston course architect Gil Hanse for his rant which ended up on Twitter despite the English player believing he had only sent a direct message (@LukeDonald)
I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic! hahahahahahha!!
- Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand was fined for appearing to endorse the phrase aimed at Ashley Cole in the John Terry affair. "Choc Ice" is understood to mean someone who is black on the outside but white on the inside (@rioferdy5)
Loving the lights on the stumps and bails at the BBL. Remind me of a pair of trainers I had as a kid.
- Cricketer Eoin Morgan enjoys the innovations of the Big Bash Cricket League (@Eoin16)
This is the hardest pounding the Swiss have taken since the British artillery pounded them to dust at Minden in 1759.
- TV history presenter Dan Snow after Andy Murray's capture of the first set of the Wimbledon final against Roger Federer (@thehistoryguy)
Roger uv got the moves like jagger
- India cricketer Yuvraj Singh after Federer's victory (@yuvstrong12)
The only thing I can think of when I watch Ronaldo is that hair gel should really be outlawed
- Model Bar Refaili takes aim at Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo's image (@BarRefaili)
Being a hater is not a cute look. Learn to love.
- Ronaldo's model girlfriend Irina Shayk stands by her man (@theirishayk)
Journey a nightmare. People are ignorant. Place stinks. Arena's rubbish, tables poor, food is horrendous. Other than that I love China.
- Northern Ireland snooker player Mark Allen not impressed by a visit to China (@pistol147)
Might've been a bit harsh a few hours ago in my tweet. Not all Chinese people are ignorant. I stand by everything else though.
- Allen later eases back on his remarks (@pistol147)
And the best of the Olympics:
Thanks to all my real fans and people who believe in me. I am now a living legend that's for sure.
- Usain Bolt after becoming the first man to defend the 100m and 200m Olympic titles (@usainbolt)
I'm going to wait for Tom Daley in the little pool he goes in after he dives and cuddle him too hard.
- TV comic and actor Russell Brand (@rustyrockets)
Moooooooooooooo Mooooooooooooo Moooooooooooo #BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
- Cricketer Kevin Pietersen on Mo Farah's 5000-10000m double (@kevinpp24)
Stressed.5am no sleep post race. Almost went @britneyspears on ya & shave my head til I read ur tweets. Thx 4 lifting me up during this time
- American hurdler Lolo Jones feels low after she finishes a disappointing fourth in the 100m hurdles (@lolojones)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
- Michael Phelps retweets after ending his career with a 22nd Olympic medal (@MichaelPhelps)
Well what a day, blind drunk at the minute and overwhelmed with all the messages, Thank You everyone it's been emotional X
- Britain's cycling time trial gold medallist Bradley Wiggins tweets a picture of him celebrating overlooking St. Paul's Cathedral (@bradwiggins)
just chatting with @lequipe journalist and he quips. 'you got the Games, we're getting the medals' Have to admit quite amusing!!
- Former British star triple jumper Jonathan Edwards (@JDE66)
Where did it all go wrong? They say it's the organisers fault, but I blame myself.
- The voice of a disgruntled fan who has set up a spoof Twitter account, adopting the voice of one of the unoccupied seats at the Olympics (@OlympicSeat)
In short. It took me over 4hrs this morning to get inside the village. I was freezing my nuts off. I'm a tropical animal.
- Sprinter Kim Collins' day goes from bad to worse (@kimcollins100m)
My sister just rang me: "Katie, where r u?" "Switzerland" "Oh. The cycling road race is about to go past your flat. Guess you won't see it!"
- British tennis player O'Brien (@katiejobrien)
"Of course I'll RT the photo. my legs look amazing."
- US hurdler Lolo Jones (@lolojones) - Rapper.com