IN PHOTOS: High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – As the 2016 Palarong Pambansa winds down, student-athletes are putting up one final stand for the remaining medals up for grabs.
Volleyball, basketball, and football are some of the events with gold medal matches to be played Saturday, April 16, which is the last day of the annual national youth games here.
Some sports have already wrapped up with gold medals already hanging over the necks of talented players.
Here's a look at athletics gold medalists, a high jump record holder, and some athletes who competed in sepak takraw and billiards.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016's fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy