MANILA, Philippines – In this week’s edition of #TalkThursday, Maria Ressa talks to Senator Pia Cayetano about the Reproductive Health bill and how it is moving forward in the legislative process.
Cayetano, along with Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago, are the two proponents of Senate Bill 2865 or the Reproductive Health act of 2011. They are hopeful that both houses of Congress will finally vote on it this year, most likely in August.
The bill encourages government support for all forms of contraceptives as well as a nationwide education campaign in reproductive health.
For more updates on the issue of the RH Bill, view our #RHBill Debate Microsite.
Read on for other views on the RH Bill debate:
|Yes to RH Bill||No to RH Bill|
More in #RHBill Debate:
- Nobel Prize winner contradicts CBCP
- Fact Sheet: House Bill 4244 on Reproductive Health
- UN weighs in on RH Bill
- WHO on RH bill: No politics, just facts
- RH bill backers hit bishops’ ‘science’
- Catholics clash over controversial RH bill
- Poverty, scarcity and the rule of the Catholic Church
- Minority solons withdraw support for RH bill