Hajj will go ahead after deadly crane collapse – Saudi official

Agence France-Presse
Hajj will go ahead after deadly crane collapse – Saudi official
The official, who refused to be named, says the affected part of the Grand Mosque of Mecca will be fixed in a few days

MECCA, Saudia Arabia –This year’s hajj pilgrimage will go ahead despite a crane collapse which killed more than 100 people at the Grand Mosque of Mecca, a Saudi official told Agence France-Presse on Saturday, September 12.

“It definitely will not affect the hajj this season and the affected part will probably be fixed in a few days,” said the official, who declined to be named.

“Hajj will go on, for sure.”

At least 107 people died when the crane toppled into a courtyard of the mosque during extremely high winds on Friday, September 11.

Hundreds of thousands of faithful from around the world had already arrived for the hajj, which is expected to start on September 21.

The hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam, and every capable Muslim is expected perform it at least once in their life. – Rappler.com

Add a comment

Sort by

There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.