Purisima, Roubini lead speakers at Philippine Investment Summit 2013
Manila, Philippines -- Dr. Nouriel Roubini, co-founder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics and a professor of economics at New York University’s Stern School of Business will be giving a keynote speech on January 30 at the Shangri-La Manila, Makati, to an audience of bankers, fund managers, institutional investors and business leaders.
Dr. Roubini, a former senior economist for international affairs on the White House Council of Economic Advisors and senior advisor to the undersecretary for international affairs at the U.S. Treasury Department is well sought after for his global economic insights and prescient calls on market trends for which subsequent events have mostly proven him right.
He also promoted the standing of the Indonesian economy. Indonesia was upgraded to investment grade early this year. It is anticipated that Dr. Roubini’s pronouncements at the Summit could well be the catalysts for the much anticipated ratings upgrade of the Philippines in 2013.
Joining Dr. Roubini at the Philippine Investment Summit are a panel of domestic business leaders and economists including:
- Hon. Cesar V. Purisima, Secretary, Department of Finance
- Mr. Francisco C. Sebastian, Chairman, First Metro Investment Corporation
- Mr. Roberto Juanchito T. Dispo, President, First Metro Investment Corporation
- Mr. Erramon I. Aboitiz, President & CEO, Aboitiz Equity Ventures
- Mr. Manuel V. Pangilinan, Managing Director & CEO, First Pacific Company Limited
- Ms. Teresita Sy-Coson, Vice Chairperson, SM Investments Corporation
- Mr. Hans B. Sicat, President, The Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc.
- Mr. Alberto S. Villarosa, President, Bankers Association of the Philippines
- Mr. Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr., Chairman, Makati Business Club
- Mr. Tan Ching, President, FFCCCI
- Dr. Bernardo M. Villegas, economist
- Dr. Cielito F. Habito, economist
The Philippine Investment Summit 2013 is spearheaded and organized by First Metro Investment Corporation. Admission fee per registrant, inclusive of full access to the event proceedings, materials and networking receptions are as follow:
Government sector, academe, NGOs: US$150.00
Collaborating industry partner member: US$200.00
Ed Gallinero l Programme Director - Asia Pacific
Singapore DID: +65 6846 2706 l Manila DID: +632 800 9201
Manila Roaming No.: +63 915 471 5858 l E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org