Rappler job openings
MANILA, Philippines – Rappler is growing, and with this growth comes the desire to find new people to join us in moving the world.
We have some new openings for people interested in working in the journalism industry, and if you've got the drive to succeed, we'd love to see what you've got.
Below is a list of job openings at Rappler:
1. Lifestyle and Entertainment Editor
The lifestyle and entertainment (LSE) editor is a complex, evolving role in Rappler.
We are looking for entrepreneurial applicants from a variety of backgrounds, not limited to communications or journalism. We are looking for managers who know how to successfully grow and lead a team through new terrain and challenging quantitative targets.
- The editor oversees the strategic vision for both sections, manning both the day to day revolving door of stories as well as both sections' long-term growth plans.
- Beyond stories, the editor can also execute multimedia projects and initiatives to grow the LSE brand and readership. Rappler Live Jam is an example.
- Thus, equal curiosity and interest in both lifestyle and entertainment is a must. You don't need to be an expert at everything, but awareness of key trends, and being comfortable with the intersections of various disciplines, are critical.
- Competence in multi-platform executions is a major plus. That means if you have experience with various social media platforms, are well-versed in the video production process, or similar creative processes, and are comfortable with testing out evolving platforms like FB live, etc, the job may be a good fit.
- This is on top of what's already expected of editors -- sharp command of the language, ear to the ground on the daily cycle, and solid editorial judgment.
- Data-driven leadership is a must. You should be comfortable enough with numbers to allow quantitative insights to help guide decision-making in this role.
- You'll manage a small but excellent team of reporters who themselves are talented multi-taskers with multi-platform competencies.
Interested applicants may send their resume, work samples and cover letter to email@example.com
Use "LSE EDITOR" as subject head.
2. Media Management Specialist
Degree in Library and Information Science
Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and research skills
Creative but organized, quick to learn and highly detailed approach to problem solving
Knowledge of any video production software and web content management systems
Interested applicants may send their resume, cover letter and sample write ups to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use "MEDIA MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST" as subject head.
3. Content Strategy Specialist
- With at least 2 years experience on digital and media platform and brand marketing
- Acquire new and manage existing accounts by looking at new opportunities, being aware of current brand campaigns and help in strategy building
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with clients and build strong partnerships
- Handle full project management for each account - from ideation, presentation to publication
- Handle strategic marketing partnerships for Rappler
- Other sales and marketing-related functions within the terms of employment
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Use "CONTENT STRATEGY SPECIALIST" as subject head.
4. Technical Support Specialist
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist who will be responsible for supporting Editorial and Users on proper computer operations to accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving User’s help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Skills And Qualifications
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
Interested applicants may send their cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "TECH SUPPORT" as subject head.