MANILA, Philippines – This year’s Shell Powering Progress Together carries the theme “Collaboration for a Sustainable Future.” Leading thinkers and innovators are again invited to examine and explore how the present can transition to a more resilient and sustainable future amidst climate change challenges.
You can participate in the collaboration yourself by joining Shell and Rappler’s Powering Progress Together Viewing Party and Essay Writing Contest.
Take part in spreading the importance and awareness on sustainable development by organizing a viewing party for your school or office. Do this by watching the Shell PPT 2016 live stream on Thursday, March 3, 2016, from 9:00am to 1:30pm.
If there was a presentation, theme, topic, or concept that stood out for you while watching the event, share your thoughts by blogging on RapplerX. Your essay should be between 800 to 1,000 words and include a photo of your viewing party. All posts should also be tagged with the words “Shell PPT 2016” on the keywords section and posted on or before March 11, 2016.
The essays submitted will be reviewed by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: Communication (quality of understanding), Content (depth of reflection and analysis of views) and Writing Mechanics (grammar, punctuation, structure).
The writer of the best essay will win P10,000 for himself and another P10,000 for his school or office.
Full mechanics here:
- The contest, “Shell Powering Progress Together Asia – Manila 2016 Forum Viewing Party and Writing Contest,” is open to the public. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents of Rappler and Shell are not eligible to join.
- To join, a school, company, or organization must organize a viewing party for the Shell Powering Progress Together Asia – Manila 2016 Forum on Thursday, March 3, 2016, from 9am to 1:30pm. Party is 3 or more individuals. The forum can be viewed on Rappler.com.
- The viewing party can be for the whole forum or for at least one of the four panel presentations.
- School, company, organization, or individual must take a photo of the viewing party as proof.
- Write a blog on a presentation, theme, topic, or concept presented in the forum on RapplerX. Essay should be between 800 – 1,000 words. The blog should include a photo of the viewing party.
- Tag your blog with “Shell PPT 2016” on the keywords section to qualify in the contest. Deadline of submission is Friday, March 11, 2016.
- A board of judges will review entries based on set criteria and determine the winner. Entries that do not comply with specifications will automatically be disqualified.
- Criteria for judging are as follows:
40 points – Communication (quality of understanding)
40 points – Content (depth of reflection and analysis of views)
20 points – Writing Mechanics (grammar, punctuation, structure)
Winner will be notified and informed of awarding schedule. Winner will receive P10,000 in cash, net of tax.
The winner’s school, company or organization will also win P10,000 in cash, net of tax. – Rappler.com
Visit www.shell.com/poweringprogress to learn more about the global forum and www.shellpptasia.com to learn more about the upcoming Manila event.
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.