MANILA, Philippines – These days, having a business can be as simple as having a good Internet connection and a computer or tablet that will allow you to reach hundreds of people online.
There are many micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) who are trying to make a name for themselves in various industries. In order for your business to truly make it big, you need a solid idea that can change the game.
Are you an entrepreneur who’s been in business for two years, and raring to take things to the next level? What if you can be given the right push to make it big?
The #BeTheBoss Awards is back. It’s a chance for MSMEs to expand their potential through digital tools, mentorship, and peer exposure.
How to join the #BeTheBoss Awards
The call for entries will run from June 1 until July 10.
Here are the qualifications:
- A Filipino resident
- At least 45 years old
- Owns a MSME, regardless of its sector, and has been in operations for at least 2 years
- The business utilizes digital technology to innovate, communicate and reach its audience
Together with a panel of industry leaders, the public will vote for four winners that best represent these categories:
- Boss for E-commerce – The Boss for E-commerce utilizes the Internet to connect and transact with customers either through mobile apps or on desktop.
- Boss for Social Media – The social media pro wields these platforms to his advantage by growing an online community and fostering relations. The more “likes,” the better
- Boss for Social Responsibility – The heart of a business should be more than just committing to be the best in the game, but using its influence to change the world for the better.
- Boss for Innovative Solutions – The leader in innovative solutions thinks beyond the norm, using different platforms to maximize the technology available today to make his or her business at the forefront of the industry
Three nominees per category will be selected by the panel. A total of 12 finalists will then be brought up to the public voting phase that will run from July 25 to August 19.
The score breakdown will be:
- 60% – Panel score
- 40% – Public vote
To nominate, simply fill out the nomination form on this page.
A learning experience in Silicon Valley
The 4 winners will be announced in a culminating event on August 31 and be given a chance to fly to Silicon Valley, California to attend educational tours, workshops, and seminars.
“The world is shrinking because of technology, and this means that our startups will always have the opportunity to go global, and more importantly to touch the lives of billions of people in the planet,” says Krie Lopez, CEO and Founder of Messy Bessy and 2015 Boss for Social Responsibility.
Kim Lato, CEO of Kim’s Store and 2015 Boss for E-Commerce learned that creating connections and continuing to innovate is key to making any business grow and stay relevant. “It is important to network and connect to individuals or groups, which can be very influential in the success of your business. You may be the best today but there will always be another disruptive idea that will challenge your stability and flexibility so your organization should always be in their best shape,” he says.
Do you think you have what it takes to make it big? Do you know someone who is deserving of this opportunity? Take action and nominate now.
Find out more about the #BeTheBoss Awards here. – Rappler.com