MANILA, Philippines – After some communication and power lines went down in south Luzon due to Typhoon Nina (international name Nock-ten), Smart Communications announced on Monday, December 26, it would offer free calls and set up charging stations in affected communities.
These services are available at the following locations from December 27 to 30, 2016, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm:
- SORSOGON CITY: LPMC Building, Rizal Street – free calls and charging stations
- NAGA CITY: Trader’s Square Building, General Luna Street – free calls and charging stations
- NAGA CITY: Quick Trax Marketing, Diversion Road – charging stations
- PILI, CAMARINES SUR: Omega Building – free calls and charging stations
Meanwhile, affected residents may go to these locations from December 27 to 28, from 9 am to 5 pm, for the following services:
- STA CRUZ, MARINDUQUE: Broadway Marketing, Mabini Street, Barangay Pag-asa – free calls
- BOAC, MARINDUQUE: Broadway Marketing, Mercader Street, Barangay San Miguel – free calls and charging stations
In an advisory, Smart said that, as of 3 pm on Monday, around 86% of its cell sites in 14 provinces affected by Typhoon Nina were operational.
It added that service disruptions were heavily concentrated in the following hardest-hit areas:
- Catanduanes, where services were disrupted in the morning after the radio transmission link to the island province was damaged
- Marinduque, where half of the cell sites were operating
- Albay, Camarines Sur, and Romblon, where about 60% of facilities were operational
Smart said that its engineering teams had been dispatched to the affected areas to repair damaged facilities. However, it noted that restoration of services would “depend on the availability of commercial power.”