MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – On Tuesday, January 5, TV network ABS-CBN responded to an open letter from Rossellyn Domingo, a former extra on Forevermore, who wrote that director Cathy Garcia-Molina humiliated her boyfriend while filming for the show. (READ: Former ‘Forevermore’ talent: Director Cathy Garcia-Molina has no respect for extras)
On the same day, Rossellyn voiced out her thoughts on ABS-CBN’s statement regarding the issue. On Facebook, Rossellyn shared an article about the network’s statement, and said that she was glad that they did not deny her and boyfriend Alvin Campomanes’ accusations against Cathy.
She also said that ABS-CBN’s statement was true – the network did promise immediate action after receiving Alvin’s letter. However, ABS-CBN supposedly failed to give the couple updates on whether their demands had been fulfilled.
Rossellyn and Alvin are now in communication with ABS-CBN. Here is Rossellyn’s statement in full:
“I am glad that the network did not deny her foul behavior.
“It is true that the network executives promised immediate action. We asked for updates but after a few exchanges of emails, we were no longer informed.
“We never told the talent supplier that we are not pursuing this complaint anymore. She said she was going to suspend John Leonardo. But how will we even know if it is true that he was suspended? What about the apology of the other offenders?
“The mistake of the network is that it failed to verify whether the issue had been dealt with satisfactorily and justly.
“We are now in communication with the network. We will be meeting with network representatives and the Forevermore team soon.
“May justice be served.”
On December 31, Rossellyn posted an open letter on Facebook, addressed to Cathy. In her letter, Rossellyn said that she couldn’t stand how Cathy cursed at and humiliated Alvin while they acted as extras on Forevermore.
Rossellyn also attached a complaint that Alvin sent to ABS-CBN in 2014.
ABS-CBN responded that they acted immediately after receiving Alvin’s complaint in 2014. They wanted to meet with the couple, and asked MTQ Promotions and Talent Management – the company that recruited Rossellyn and Alvin – to arrange it.
“But we were later informed by MTQ Promotions and Talent Management owner Mary Ann Trumata-Rejano that there was no need for a meeting as they had met with Mr Campomanes and Ms Domingo and settled the issue,” recounted ABS-CBN.
They added that they were suprised to see Rossellyn’s letter, because they thought that the issue had already been resolved.
“At present, we are in communication with Mr Campomanes and both parties have agreed to meet to resolve the matter,” they added.
Here is ABS-CBN’s statement in full, emailed to Rappler on January 5.
“ABS-CBN acknowledged and responded immediately to Alvin Campomanes when he wrote to us in October 2014. We also sought a meeting with Mr Campomanes and Rossellyn Domingo through MTQ Promotions and Talent Management, the agency that engaged their services for the project.
“But we were later informed by MTQ Promotions and Talent Management owner Mary Ann Trumata-Rejano that there was no need for a meeting as they had met with Mr Campomanes and Ms Domingo and settled the issue.
“When Ms Domingo posted an open letter on her Facebook last Dec , we were surprised to learn that the issue has not been resolved, contrary to what the talent agency owner told us. At present, we are in communication with Mr Campomanes and both parties have agreed to meet to resolve the matter.”
Alvin and Rossellyn played Makoy and Celia on Forevermore, respectively.
In his letter to ABS-CBN, Alvin said that his role on the show was unplanned, as he had just replaced the actor who was supposed to play the role.
Alvin also demanded disciplinary action against Cathy, talent coordinator John Leonardo, and a certain crew member named Jeng, plus an apology.
Since it was published, Rossellyn’s open letter has gone viral. Cathy has not addressed the issue.
Alvin is a historian and a faculty member at the University of the Philippines Manila. He previously taught at the University of Asia and the Pacific, Enderun Colleges, and other schools.
Forevermore starred Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano as Alexander and Agnes, who met and fell in love in Baguio. It became one of the most popular dramas from 2014 to 2015, establishing the tandem of Enrique and Liza onscreen.
Cathy was also the woman behind One More Chance and its sequel, A Second Chance, both starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo. – Rappler.com