Kris Aquino on ‘The Buzz’: ‘Honestly, I am to blame’

Rappler.com
'I own up to it,' she says

KRIS ON 'THE BUZZ.' She says that she's the one to blame regarding the show going off the air after 16 years. File photo by Rob Reyes/Rappler

MANILA, Philippines – Following the announcement that the The Buzz was taking a break after 16 years on air, actress and host Kris Aquino spoke about the cancellation. 

In an interview with ABS-CBN, she said, “Honestly, I am to blame, and I own up to it.”  

She shared that her brother President Benigno Aquino III previously asked her to make time for her family on Sundays. At that time, she said that she missed 4 months worth of family gatherings due to her schedule on the show, which aired on Sundays as well. 

But since she has fulfilled her contractual obligations, including her agreements on her The Buzz run, she asked if she could stop hosting the show. 

However, she also revealed that co-host Toni Gonzaga, who recently got engaged to longtime boyfriend Paul Soriano, made a similar request to the executives. Kris said that she and Toni apologized to co-host Boy Abunda.

Ako lang naman ang aalis, eh, pero it just so happens na may pinaalam din si Toni. Everything fell into place, and unfortunately nga, si Boy ang nalungkot, and I felt so guilty… Nag-sorry naman kami [ni Toni],” 

(I was the only one leaving, but it just so happens that Toni also had a similar request. Everything fell into place, and unfortunately, Boy was saddened, and I felt so guilty… Toni and I apologized to him.)

Boy Abunda revealed that the show was going off the air after 16 years on April 5, citing the big changes in showbiz reporting nowadays. He said that they would return again, but did not give more details. – Rappler.com