This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
Mark your calendars, Rurouni Kenshin fans. In celebration of the series’ highly anticipated sequels Kyoto Inferno and The Legend Ends, coming out later this year, Warner Brothers is giving Filipino fans a treat.
This weekend, 3 authentic costumes from the sequels will be flown in and publicly displayed at the 13th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention (ToyCon) at SM Megatrade Hall from June 20 – June 22.
The convention will showcase the costumes of titular hero Kenshin Himura (portrayed by Takeru Satoh), Kenshin’s street-fighting best friend Sanosuke Sagara (Munetaka Aoki), and Hidden Watcher ninja-spy Aoshi Shinomori (Yusuke Iseya). The costumes were designed by Kazuhiro Sawataishi, who also created the ensembles worn in the first film. (WATCH: Main trailer for ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ sequels released)
For any fan, costumes assume great significance, especially given the manga and TV show material, where clothes played a part in crafting the overall experience for the viewer. And since the characters, with a few exceptions, usually wore the same thing all the time, who could forget Kenshin’s magenta top, Sanosuke’s (often dirty) fighting robe, and Aoshi’s billowing overcoat, among others?
The sequels are based on the Kyoto arc of the acclaimed manga series, following the reformed protagonist Kenshin Himura, who has abandoned his life as an assassin and finds a harmonious balance thanks to newfound friends. However, this peace is put in jeopardy when the evil Shishio Makoto (Tatsuya Fujiwara) threatens to overthrow the Meiji government, forcing Kenshin to struggle between following his new life or drawing his sword once again to protect the people of Japan.
For more details about the convention, visit toyconph.com. Are you thinking of dropping by? Who’s costume are you most excited to see? Let us know in the comments.
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno will open in Philippine theaters on August 20th, while its concluding half, Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends will be released just a month later, on September 24. – Rappler.com
More Rurouni Kenshin on Rappler:
- LIVE BLOG: Blow-by-blow updates from Rurouni Kenshin stars 2-day visit
- VIDEO: Watch Rappler’s spoiler-free 3-on-1 interview with Kenshin stars
- VIDEO: See the entire Q&A at the public press conference, Munetaka hugs a fan, Takeru blows a kiss to fans
- VIDEO: See the Rurouni Kenshin jeepney, watch Takeru say “Oro,” stars named cultural friendship ambassadors
- VIDEO: Rurouni stars say “Mahal ko kayo!” plus exclusive red carpet cast interviews
- Quotables: What Rurouni Kenshin characters think of their characters
- See the actual costumes of Kenshin, Sano, and Aoshi in the flesh
- WATCH: Main trailer for Rurouni Kenshin sequel released