MANILA, Philippines – This is it, Rurouni Kenshin fans.
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno, the sequel to 2012’s Rurouni Kenshin, will premiere in Manila on August 20.
But before that, Philippine fans will welcome Takeru Satoh (who plays the title role of Kenshin Himura), Emi Takei (who plays Kaoru Kamiya), Munetaka Aoki (who plays Sanosuke Sagara), and director Keishi Otomo, who are scheduled to participate in the film’s Asian premiere in Manila.
Rappler is live-blogging their Manila visit, which includes:
- August 6: Invitational red carpet premiere at SM Megamall
- August 7: Public press conference at the Glorietta Activity Center in Makati City
The live blog opens 10 am on August 6.
Bookmark this page and check back here for updates, trivia, and scenes from the events.
Got questions you’d like to ask? Tweet @rapplerdotcom and use the hashtag #KenshinManila.
The film, based on the manga series written & illustrated by Nobuhiro Watsuki, continues to follow Kenshin Himura, former assassin-turned-wanderer, who has settled in nicely following the traumatic events of the last film. He’s found a more peaceful life surrounded by newfound friends Kaoru Kamiya, Sanosuke Sagara, Yahiko Myojin, and Megumi Takani. (READ: What Rurouni Kenshin actors think of their characters)
But this fragile peace is threatened once more when Kenshin must listen to the call of duty – this time to deal with the menacing Shishio Makoto, who’s been plotting frightening ways to terrorize Japan.
The Kyoto arc, which features the journey towards Shishio’s stronghold as well as the actual battle, will be split into two movies. The first, Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno, will show in the Philippines on August 20, the second, Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends, on September 24. – Rappler.com
More Rurouni Kenshin on Rappler:
- LIVE BLOG: Blow-by-blow updates from Rurouni Kenshin stars 2-day visit
- VIDEO: Watch Rappler’s spoiler-free 3-on-1 interview with Kenshin stars
- VIDEO: See the entire Q&A at the public press conference, Munetaka hugs a fan, Takeru blows a kiss to fans
- VIDEO: See the Rurouni Kenshin jeepney, watch Takeru say “Oro,” stars named cultural friendship ambassadors
- VIDEO: Rurouni stars say “Mahal ko kayo!” plus exclusive red carpet cast interviews
- Quotables: What Rurouni Kenshin characters think of their characters
- See the actual costumes of Kenshin, Sano, and Aoshi in the flesh
- WATCH: Main trailer for Rurouni Kenshin sequel released