WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
LAGUNA, Philippines – "Ito na ang tamang panahon!" (This is the right time!)
Wally Bayola, all done up in his Lola Nidora costume, thanked fans at the Sta. Rosa City Auditorium after receiving an award in the 1st Catholic Social Media Awards from church-based organizations Youth Pinoy and Areopagus Communications Inc., on October 11, 2015 with Maine Mendoza aka Yaya Dub, and TAPE Production’s VP for creative and productions Jenny Ferre. (READ: AlDub's Alden Richards, Maine Mendoza to receive Catholic social media award)
"Ang Kalyeserye ay patuloy pong magbibigay ng daan [upang] makapagbahagi ng mga tamang asal, kabutihang asal, at pagmamahal sa kapwa at pagmamahal sa Diyos. Maraming, maraming salamat po," said Wally in character as Lola Nidora.
(The Kalyeserye will continue to pave the way to impart good values, good conduct, love for others, and love for God. Thank you very much.)
Given recognition in the event are Bayola, Mendoza, Alden Richards, and the producers of the hit Kalyeserye series, TAPE productions, for "promoting Filipino Christian values and virtues." Richards, however, was not able to attend the event.
Mendoza, who barely speaks in the Kalyeserye series, surprised the crowd when she spoke to thank everyone.
"Para po sa inyong lahat ito," said Mendoza to a cheering crowd. (This is for all of you.)
Also given recognition was the AlDub Nation team of fans, for "helping spread the Kalyeserye’s values online through inspirational posts and tweets," according to the event's host.
“Di namin inexpect na makukuha namin ang award, we’re very thankful,” says AlDub fan Kesha Nica Rivera who's one of the many members of a big network of fans who help make AlDub trend every day. (We didn't expect that we would receive this award, we're very thankful.)
YouthPinoy's officer-in-charge April Frances "Sky" Ortigas explained that they are giving recognition to the Kalyeserye series for their work "sharing traditional values such as waiting for the right time for true love, the culture of courting, chivalry, modesty, chastity, et cetera."
'Hindi lang sila (they are not only) entertainers, they also impart values that we all want all Filipinos, especially the young, to have,' says Ortigas.
Also shown in the event was a trailer of a Kalyeserye animated series.
The awarding ceremony was part of the 4th Catholic Social Media Summit, a two-day event that aims to teach Catholics how to be responsible users of social media and use it to spread good values. – Rappler.com
More AlDub stories:
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Maine 'Yaya Dub' Mendoza on Alden Richards, newfound fame
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, 'AlDub,' Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: 'It's a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Alden visits Yaya Dub, AlDub takes first photo
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate 'National Pabebe Wave Day'
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub's romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub's forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden's 'Cinderella' moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and 'Yaya Dub'
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during 'Eat Bulaga'