MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – After the preliminary round of the Miss Universe pageant on Wednesday, December 16 (Thursday, December 17 in Manila), the ladies pre-taped the national costume portion of the pageant, which is set to air on December 20 (December 21 in Manila). (IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015)
Eighty ladies showcased their costumes that night, including the Philippines’ bet, Pia Wurtzbach. For her national costume, Pia wore a capiz terno by Filipino designer Albert Andrada. (IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries)
The detailed gown also came with a matching fan and headpiece.
In the Instagram video below, you can hear the capiz pieces tinkling as Pia moves and poses for the camera.
PIA ALONZO WURTZBACH, Miss Universe PHILIPPINES 2015. #piawurtzbach #piaalonzowurtzbach #shinepinay#binibiningpilipinas #lasvegas #missuniverse #missuniverse2015 #missuniverso #missuniverso2015 #missearth #missearth2015 #missworld #missworld2015 #missmundo #missmundo2015 #misstierra #misstierra2015 #missintercontinental #missintercontinental2015 #missphilippines #pianatics #pianatic #missvietnam #missusa #missthailand #missindonesia #missinternational #misssupranational #missinternational2015 @piawurtzbach @ptopuniverseofficial @missuniverse #labanpiapinas
Last year, Miss Universe Philippines 2014 Mary Jean Lastimosa’s colorful national costume was met with criticism online. It was designed by Colombian Alfredo Barraza and was said to be inspired by the Panagbenga Festival of Baguio.
All the national costumes will be showcased during the finals at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on December 20 (December 21 in Manila). On that night, the results of the preliminary round will reveal the Top 15 who will compete for the crown.
What do you think of Miss Universe Philippines 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s national costume? Tell us in the comments below! – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I’m not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation
- N PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach’s official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- HIGHLIGHTS: Miss Universe 2014 coronation night
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.