MANILA, Philippines – Miss Universe 2015 Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach met President Benigno Aquino III for the first time since her win on Tuesday, January 26.
Pia with the president. pic.twitter.com/CPGsTMUy5w— alexa villano (@alexavillano) January 26, 2016
.@MissUniverse at her courtesy call with Pres. Benigno "Noy Noy" Aquino #ConfidentlyBeautiful #MostBeautifulDay pic.twitter.com/GgtfSLyOMS— Bb. Pilipinas (@RealBbPilipinas) January 26, 2016
Pia and the president have met before, and even were even rumored to be dating. However, the rumors of a relationship between them were never confirmed by either of the two.
In a short interview with the media after her courtesy call, Pia shared that PNoy congratulated her and that they talked about her participation in the Miss Universe.
“Well, he congratulated me and we talked about Miss Universe for a little bit also with what he has been – what he has been busy with lately and how he has been doing, how I have been doing. And he congratulated me; I also congratulated him for a successful term,” she said.
When asked if she ever got a message from him after winning last month, Pia said: “He sent a message through the website of the…There was a website where the message of the President was – I think it’s the official website of the government. So I was able to read his congratulatory message there.”
Although she had said that the crown is her boyfriend for now, Pia was asked what qualities she looking for in a partner.
“Somebody who is smart with a good sense of humor. Those are the two qualities that are important to me,” she said.
Pia also answered questions about the subject of HIV/AIDS, a topic close to Pia’s heart. She said that she will get herself tested, once she’s back in New York. Pia also confirmed the news that she will be in San Francisco as special correspondent of Inside Edition for the Super Bowl.
“Yes, that’s true. I wasn’t able to reveal that during the press conference in Binibining Pilipinas because, of course, Inside Edition had to be the first one to reveal. But I found out this morning that it’s actually out in the news already. So, yes, I am going to be the special correspondent of Inside Edition for the Super Bowl?” Pia said.
When asked how she’s preparing for the assignment, Pia said: “I am very excited. I think it’s a great compliment – I see it as a compliment because they wouldn’t trust me with the microphone if they didn’t think that I could do well or speak [well]. So I think that’s a pretty good sign. So it’s a great way of me connecting to more people, meeting new people and being recognized not just as a Miss Universe, not just as Pia, but also as a Filipina.”
In March 2015, the president’s sister, Kris Aquino, asked Pia if they were dating, to which Pia answered, “I know him. I talk to him, yes. He’s very fun to talk to.” She added that both of them were busy – her with Miss Universe and him with his duties as president.
In an interview with ABS-CBN in December, Kris said that although Pia might have entertained President Aquino, she was much too focused on the crown.
During Pia’s homecoming press conference on January 24, she spoke about her love life, after a reporter asked her about a boyfriend that she mentioned in one of the Miss Universe coronation night segments.
Pia said: “I thought it was something, but it was nothing. I don’t have a boyfriend. I didn’t have a boyfriend during the competition. Although I thought I was seeing somebody, but turns out, I wasn’t. So kita mo, kahit Miss Universe ka, pwede ka pa rin maging sawi (See, even if you’re Miss Universe, you can still be unlucky in love)!”
After Malacañang, Pia is scheduled to go to the House of Representatives on Tuesday afternoon as part of her grand homecoming itinerary. – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- Miss Universe president Paula Shugart on Filipino fans
- IN PHOTOS: Fans welcome Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach back home
- IN PHOTOS: Pia Wurtzbach at grand homecoming parade
- Pia Wurtzbach honored with key to the city of Manila
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach shares awesome advice from Shamcey Supsup
- Pia Wurtzbach to wear more Filipino designs during reign
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach defends answer on US military presence in PH
- Pia Wurtzbach on love life, being ‘sawi,’ and more
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila
- WATCH: Miss Colombia, Steve Harvey laugh at Miss Universe memes
- WATCH: Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez discusses ‘nightmare’ Miss Universe moment
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach discusses Miss Universe mix-up with Steve Harvey
- Pia Wurtzbach meets Lea Salonga in New York
- James Franco responds to Pia Wurtzbach: ‘I love the Philippines!’
- Pia Wurtzbach coming home to PH on January 23
- Pia Wurtzbach reacts to meeting Samuel L Jackson, Eva Longoria
- Steve Harvey releases first statement on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach answers pageant questions in 45 seconds
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on effigy issue, PH homecoming
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach gets her Miss Universe walk
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach’s first interview as Miss Universe 2015
- Stella Araneta on Miss U:’ I’m Colombian but I would choose Philippines’
- Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez speaks up on announcement mix-up
- Colombians burn Pia Wurtzbach, Steve Harvey effigies to ring in 2016
- Colombian apologizes over video of burning Pia Wurtzbach effigy
Pia Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach’s New Year message: ‘I’ve never been more proud to be a Filipina’
- See Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a doll
- Artist sketches Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a Disney princess
- Pia Wurtzbach to Miss Colombia: Fate has a plan for you
- WATCH: Miss Universe Germany upset over PH win
- PH’s Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015
- Mix-up seen ’round the universe: Host Steve Harvey announces wrong winner
- WATCH: Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia speak up on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- Pro-US bases? Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach should get a briefing, activists say
- What happened? Netizens chime in on #MissUniverse2015 mixup
- WATCH: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s triumphant winning moment
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2015 coronation night
- Palace, politicians: Thank you, Pia, for this Christmas gift
- Miss Universe 2015 predictions: Who will win the crown?
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach sends out message before finals
- Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach asks #AlDub fans: Support me
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 candidates share makeup-free selfies
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s national costume
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I’m not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach’s official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.