MANILA, Philippines – Miss Philippines Megan Young is Miss World 2013.
In the coronation held Saturday, Sept 28, in Bali, Indonesia, the actress turned beauty queen bested 126 candidates from all over the globe, earning for the Philippines its first Miss World title.
Rappler live blogged the event.
Young, who placed first among the top 10 semifinalists also won in the Top Model challenge event and excelled in the Beach Fashion pre-pageant challenge, where she placed 5th.
In the question and answer portion where the candidates were given 30 seconds to tell the judges why they deserve the crown, Young expressed her belief in a “core value of humanity” which guides people’s actions. She hopes to use this to show others how they may contribute to society.
For the “Beauty with a Purpose” challenge, Megan chose to extend aid to flood victims in the Philippines.
Watch her Miss World video here:
Here’s Megan Young’s interview with Rappler:
In line with tradition, Young will head straight to London where she will reside during her reign.
Here are the winners:
3rd place: Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter (Ghana)
2nd place: Marine Lorpheline (France)
1st place: Megan Young (Philippines)
You can also read:
- #AskMegan: Miss World PH 2013 Megan Young
- My sister, the beauty queen
- Megan Young makes cut in Miss World 2013 beach fashion
- Megan Young leaves for Indonesia
- Megan Young ready for Miss World 2013
- Megan Young 2nd in Ms World app poll
- Will Megan Young win Miss World title?
- IN PHOTOS: Ms World Ph 2013 coronation
- WINNERS: Miss World Ph 2013
- AS IT HAPPENS: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Girls to watch: Miss World Ph 2013
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Ph Gala
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.