MANILA, Philippines – Megan Young, the Philippine candidate, has made it to 3 of the 5 challenges in the Miss World competition in Bali, Indonesia.
Megan topped the Top Model challenge with her poise and regal walk, while she placed 5th in the Beach Fashion challenge and 4th in the Multimedia challenge.
Here are the list of winners for the 5 Miss World challenges announced by organizers on Friday, September 27, leading up to the coronation night:
Top Model Challenge
- Winner: Megan Young (Philippines)
- 2nd Place: Olivia Jordan (United States)
- 3rd Place: Marine Lorphelin (France)
- 4th Place: Anna Zaiachkivska (Ukraine)
- 5th Place: Sancler Frantz. (Brazil)
Beach Fashion Challenge
Winner: Sancler Frantz (Brazil)
2nd Place: Marine Lorphelin (France)
3rd Place: Naa Okalley Shooter (Ghana)
4th Place: Gina Hargitay (Jamaica)
5th Place: Megan Young (Philippines)
As for the Multimedia Challenge which was judged based on the social media accounts of the candidates, India’s
- Winner: Jacqueline Steenbeek (Netherlands)
- 2nd Place: Elena Ibarbia Jimenez (Spain)
- 3rd Place: Meagan Green (Ireland)
- 4th Place: Coral Ruiz Reyes (Paraguay)
- 5th Place: Paola Ayala (El Salvador)
- Winner: Navneet Dhillon (India)
- 2nd Place: Kanyaphak Phokesomboon (Thailand)
- 3rd Place: Ishani Shrestha (Nepal)
- 4th Place: Megan Young (Philippines)
- 5th Place: Melinder Bhullar (Malaysia)
Beauty with a Purpose Challenge
- Winner: Ishani Shrestha (Nepal)
- 2nd Place: Erin Holland (Australia)
- 3rd Place: Brigitte Lyimo (Tanzania)
- 4th Place: Noemie Happart (Belgium)
- 5th Place: Sancler Frantz (Brazil)
- 6th Place: Marine Lorphelin (France)
- 7th Place: Naa Okalley Shooter (Ghana)
- 8th Place: Kristy Heslewood (England)
- 9th Place: Navneet Dhillon (India)
- 10th Place: Larissa Leeuwe (Aruba)
Megan’s Beauty with a Purpose video, which showed her and Miss World Philippines National Director Cory Quirino helping victims of the recent floods, did not make it to the top 10. She also failed to secure a place in the Sports challenge.
Megan remains to be a crowd favorite, with most pageant media and enthusiasts rooting for her to win.
The Miss World coronation night will be held in Bali on Saturday, September 28. – Rappler.com
Rappler will LIVE blog the Miss World 2013 coronation night on Saturday, Sept 28, 7pm Philippine time.
- Megan Young and Jen Malpaya: Beauty queen besties
- #AskMegan: Miss World PH 2013 Megan Young
- Fierce forecast: Megan Young for the win at Miss World 2013!
- My sister, the beauty queen
- Megan Young makes cut in Miss World 2013 beach fashion
- Megan Young leaves for Indonesia
- Megan Young ready for Miss World 2013
- Megan Young 2nd in Ms World app poll
- Will Megan Young win Miss World title?
- IN PHOTOS: Ms World Ph 2013 coronation
- WINNERS: Miss World Ph 2013
- AS IT HAPPENS: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Girls to watch: Miss World Ph 2013
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Ph Gala