Back then, she said right after winning her Miss PH Earth crown: “I want the whole Philippines and all Filipinos to know that the judges picked the right person to get this crown.”
Truer words could not have been spoken – now 20, she has bested 83 others to win the title of Miss Earth – last won by the Philippines in 2008. Soon, it will be time to look at what projects and organizations she’ll be aiding during her reign.
From the competition’s earliest days in this year’s Miss Earth season in April 2014 to Jamie’s most recent big win, let’s take a look at her 2014 journey.
Head over here to check out Jamie’s profile page, where she was still competing as Miss PH Earth Cebu City. “My environmental advocacy is to be against animal cruelty, because I have seen how some people treat animals in a wrong way and I believe animals should be treated with love or at least in a proper manner,” she wrote in her profile.
2. Jamie at the costume presentation, one of the key events before May 2014’s coronation night
3. First press presentation, April 22 at Solaire
5. Behind-the-scenes photo shoot with Rappler
7. Miss PH Earth coronation night: Q&A with Robi Domingo
10. Waving hello as the new Miss PH Earth
13. Jamie during the Group 1 fashion show at Green Sun Hotel, November 21
14. Talent competition 2014
15. Jamie at the swimsuit portion held at the Solaire Resort and Casino, November 20
16. Jamie at the Resort Wear Competition at Carousel Productions, November 22
21-25: Jamie’s big win