MANILA, Philippines – Inspired by last weekend’s Rappler hangout for Social Media Day, I wanted to do a quick list of the people who provide insightful information and quotable quotes on Twitter. Summing up their knowledge in a succinct way proves valuable in a time of 140-character attention spans.
As mentioned in the discussion, social media gives birth to more and more creators out there, but, as consumers, I think it’s up to us to navigate this cyber-landscape well. While the Internet is abundant with inspirational folk, I’ve narrowed down a list of my personal favorite 10 ‘tweeters,’ who have made sharing #inspiration and #motivation a lifestyle.
1. @yourzenlife – is a website created by Australian actresses Teresa Palmer (of “Warm Bodies”) and Phoebe Tonkin (of “Vampire Diaries”). Their website and Twitter account talk about topics that cater to your mind+soul, body, heart, eco-living, therapies and more; all contributed by passionate writers from all across the globe as well as from Teresa and Phoebe themselves.
What did you all do 2day to help someone else? Use each day as a chance to be warm & loving to others. Live in your goodness, live with love— Your Zen Life (@yourzenlife) May 25, 2013
2. @TonyRobbins – is a renowned motivational speaker and self-help author, who has written the bestsellers “Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement” and “Awaken the Giant Within.” He is one of the most influential self-development leaders in our time, bringing the tools and strategies of self-development to a wider audience.
Don't fall into the trap of prioritizing a busy life over a truly fulfilled one! Make the choices that have deeper meaning and life is sweet— Tony Robbins (@tonyrobbins) June 9, 2013
3. @gabbybernstein – a motivational speaker, life coach and author of “Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Discovering Self-Love and Miracles” and “May Cause Miracles: A 6-Week Kick-Start to Unlimited Happiness.” Oprah calls her, Marie Forleo and Mastin Kipp (see Tweeters below) as Thought Leaders for the next generation of spiritual thinkers. Gabrielle talks about spirituality and personal development through her blog, web series and Twitter account.
True change comes from daily repetition of new and empowering action. #SpiritJunkie— Gabrielle Bernstein (@GabbyBernstein) July 2, 2013
4. @marieforleo – a business and personal development expert, Marie has made her mark by helping others “create a business and life they love.” She is the author of the e-book “Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You’ll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!,” and also hosts an advice web series and holds training programs that fuse business and life skills in one fresh package.
You were born with everything you need to answer the call of your soul.— Marie Forleo (@marieforleo) April 17, 2013
5. @thedailylove (website founded by @mastinkipp) – is an inspirational website that serves as “a place to love and be loved.” The website sends out daily mail and tweets about articles written by Mastin and a handful of contributors, at the same time dispensing impactful quotes about life, love and lessons.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE CONTAINERS FOR GROWTH. If you grow, learn and evolve from any relationship you're in or you've had, it's not a failure!— Mastin Kipp (@TheDailyLove) June 26, 2013
6. @dailyom – is a website started by Madisyn Taylor and her husband in 2004 that “nurtures the mind, body and spirit.” The short entries and tweets talk about meditation, relationships, nature and inner awareness that brings clarity to the mind.
Forgetting about what you love to do can be a form of self-sabotage – get back to what you love. http://t.co/ZowCAinyct— DailyOM (@dailyom) May 15, 2013
7-8. @uncleRUSH & @revrunwisdom – are brothers Russell Simmons @uncleRush and Reverend Run @revrunwisdom (of hip- hop group Run-DMC.) Both an example of how hip-hop can be a force for good, instead of serving the usual stereotypes. The two have gone through the industry, checked their egos at the door and come out with a fuller awareness of life and shown what true success means to them today.
A true moneymaker shows enthusiasm for everything he does whether it's playing the background in a video or starring in it.— Russell Simmons (@UncleRUSH) July 3, 2013
1st Be Grateful that God blessed you with life! If you aint happy with what you GOT, u'll never be happy with what you get— Rev Run (@RevRunWisdom) July 2, 2013
9. @_robin_sharma – is a recognized leadership speaker and author of multiple bestsellers including “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” and “The Leader who Had No Title.” Robin inspires people to live past fear and keep taking action toward their dreams through his books, audiobooks, video blogs and seminars.
Stop talking about the great thing you'll do and start doing that great thing. Now. (Procrastination is for victims).— Robin Sharma (@_robin_sharma) June 26, 2013
10. @BrianTracy – is a distinguished speaker, author of multiple bestsellers and CEO of Brian Tracy International — a company that trains individuals and organizations. He specializes in training individuals in goal setting, time management, sales and leadership.
Always be willing to go the extra mile, to do more than is expected of you. There are never any traffic jams on the extra mile….— BrianTracy (@BrianTracy) June 19, 2013
Who do you follow for inspiration? Share your favorite tweeters in the comment box below.
Social media icons on world map image by Mathias Rosenthal from Shutterstock
Victoria Herrera is a TV and event host, model and writer. In 2011, she released her first book, “Unscripted,” based on inspiring conversations from her previous radio show. In 2012, she hosted Runway TV Asia where she interviewed international fashion designers and celebrities. Shuttling between Manila and Singapore, she continues to explore the world of creativity, design and fashion as a contributor for several publications.