Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, Rizal warned of landslides
MANILA, Philippines – The provinces of Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, and Rizal are likely to experience landslides on Saturday, September 15 due to Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut), warned the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
The weather monitoring agency made this warning in its 4 am Special Weather Forecast for the Greater Metro Manila Area.
These 4 provinces can expect landslides aside from strong and gusty winds and flooding. Bulacan was warned of "stormy" weather on Saturday morning. Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal, meanwhile, face "rain with gusty winds."
Metro Manila, meanwhile, must also prepare for "rain with gusty winds." No landslides are expected in the megacity.
The special weather bulletin is valid until 10 am on Saturday, said Pagasa.
Bulacan is under Signal No. 2 while Cavite, Bulacan, Rizal, and Metro Manila are under Signal No. 1.
For nationwide updates on Ompong, here's Pagasa's 5 am, September 15 update. Ompong made landfall at 1:40 am on Saturday in Baggao, Cagayan. – Rappler.com
(Warning sign image from Shutterstock)
News you can use during Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut):
- Weather updates and storm signals
- Reports on evacuation, emergencies, and rescue and relief efforts
- Typhoon Ompong: Free parking at SM, Ayala, Robinsons, Megaworld malls
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions for September 13, 14, 15
- Canceled flights due to Typhoon Ompong
- Will Typhoon Ompong be the same as Super Typhoon Lawin?
- COMPARISON: Typhoon Ompong and previous Philippine typhoons
- What gov't has done so far to prepare for Typhoon Ompong
- Fact-check on viral stories related to Typhoon Ompong
- DFA giving P5,000 aid for OFWs stranded due to Typhoon Ompong
- 3 dams release water due to Typhoon Ompong
- Power lines affected by Typhoon Ompong
- Roads closed due to Typhoon Ompong
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.