Waiting for Nazareno: The mood in a sea of people
MANILA, Philippines – Millions of devotees wait for hours, even overnight, to climb the carriage and touch the statue of the Black Nazarene on the image’s feast day every January 9.
Devotees bring with them their prayers, patience, and determination – lots of it – to pay homage to the Black Nazarene, also called the Nazareno.
What is the mood in this sea of people?
Paterno Esmaquel reports. – Rappler.com
- IN PHOTOS: Thousands join Black Nazarene thanksgiving procession
- Pray for Duterte, says Quiapo priest ahead of Nazareno 2019
- City of Manila suspends classes on January 9 for Nazareno 2019
- IN PHOTOS: Thousands bless replicas of Black Nazarene statue
- WATCH: Black Nazarene devotees seek blessings during procession of replicas
- Cops, volunteers among first to join 'Pahalik' for Nazareno 2019
- IN PHOTOS: Security tightened on eve of Traslacion of Nazareno 2019
- Traslacion 2019 begins as Tagle defends devotees
- IN PHOTOS: First 12 hours of Traslacion 2019
- WATCH: Surviving the busiest road in the PH during Traslacion