Bookmark this page to watch the hearing live on Monday, February 24
MANILA, Philippines – The Senate committee on public services is tackling measures that would renew or extend media giant ABS-CBN’s franchise on Monday, February 24, ahead of the House of Representatives.
To date, there are 12 pending House bills seeking the renewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise, which will expire on March 30.
ABS-CBN has denied that it violated the law.
Watch the hearing live on Rappler at 10 am on Monday. – Rappler.com
STORIES FROM THE FEBRUARY 24 SENATE HEARING:
- DOJ: Congress may authorize NTC to grant ABS-CBN provisional permit
- Bong Go: It’s those anti-Duterte ads on ABS-CBN that got the boss’ goat
- Guevarra won’t issue formal opinion on ABS-CBN issue
- NUJP submits signature campaign for ABS-CBN franchise renewal to Senate
- Joel Lamangan on ABS-CBN shutdown threat: Who will tell the story of the Filipino?
- GMA may get 55% market share if ABS-CBN shuts down
- ‘Pinuno’ asks his ex-bosses in ABS-CBN: ‘Galit ba si Presidente sa inyo?’
- Cayetano: House notice to NTC ‘sufficient’ to allow ABS-CBN to keep operating
- What’s taking Congress so long to tackle ABS-CBN’s franchise?
- EXPLAINER: Can ABS-CBN operate past its franchise expiration date?
- ABS-CBN case: Testing the limits of corporate structuring practices
- EXPLAINER: Is Calida’s ABS-CBN PDR theory bad for business?
- EXPLAINER: Legal points in Calida’s quo warranto vs ABS-CBN
- Can a quo warranto petition be filed against ABS-CBN?
- TIMELINE: Duterte against ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal