This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – A magnitude 5.4 earthquake hit the province of Occidental Mindoro early Sunday morning, May 10, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
Phivolcs said in a bulletin that the earthquake occurred at 3:18 am, with the epicenter located in Lubang town.
The earthquake had a depth of 76 kilometers and was tectonic in origin.
It was felt in the following areas:
- Intensity IV: Makati City, Manila City, Parañaque City
- Intensity III: Malabon City, Mandaluyong City, Pasay City, Pateros, Quezon City, Taguig City, Tagaytay City in Cavite, Calapan City and Puerta Galera in Oriental Mindoro, Calatagan and Lipa City in Batangas
- Intensity IV: Calatagan in Batangas, Malolos City and San Ildefenso, Bulacan, Navotas City
- Intensity III: Calapan City in Oriental Mindoro, Talisay in Batangas, Bacoor City and Tagaytay City in Cavite, Muntinlupa City, Guagua in Pampanga
- Intensity II: Magalang in Pampanga, San Juan City
- Intensity I: San Jose in Occidental Mindoro, Palayan City and San Jose City in Nueva Ecija, Gumaca in Quezon, Baler in Aurora
While aftershocks are expected, Phivolcs said damage is not expected following the earthquake. – Rappler.com