ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – The death toll from more than a week of clashes between government troops and members of the Moro National Liberation Front rose to 99 on Tuesday, September 17, the military said.
Three soldiers and 30 MNLF rebels were killed during heavy fighting over the past 24 hours, military spokesman Lt Col Ramon Zagala said.
Zagala said of the 99 dead since September 9, 86 were from the MNLF, 9 were from the police and the military and 4 were civilians.
On Monday night, the military declared that 70% of the battle zone had been cleared. But fresh fighting occured in Mampang village on Tuesday afternoon, prompting residents to flee. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.