Philippine civil defense officials on Wednesday, November 11, reported that at least 1 person died and 3 others were missing in the Bicol region as Typhoon Ulysses (Vamco) barreled across Luzon.
All casualties were located in Camarines Norte and reported by officials at 8 pm Wednesday.
The first reported fatality was a 68-year-old man who was found lifeless on the roof of his house in the municipality of Daet. The 3 people who were reported missing came from the municipality of Vinzons.
Officials reported one injury so far, a 38-year-old man from the municipality of Mercedes.
Still reeling from the onslaught of Super Typhoon Rolly (Goni), Bicol was the first to face Ulysses’ wrath as the typhoon triggered massive floods in parts of the region.
The Office of Civil Defense in Bicol said that 171,159 persons or 47,316 families have been displaced by the typhoon as of 6 pm Wednesday. This figure includes 162,753 persons currently in evacuation centers.
As of this posting, state weather bureau PAGASA said Typhoon Ulysses has already made two landfalls on Wednesday. The first was in Patnanungan, Quezon, at 10:30 pm, and the second landfall was in the vicinity of Burdeos, Quezon, at 11:20 pm. – Rappler.com