• Enforce laws and regulations relating to pollution and protection of the environment.
Governor and Mayor
• Adopt adequate measures to safeguard and conserve land, mineral, marine, forest, and other resources in the LGU.
Provincial Board, City, and Municipal Councils
• Impose appropriate penalties for acts which endanger the environment, such as illegal logging and smuggling of logs, smuggling of natural resources products and of endangered species of flora and fauna, slash-and-burn farming, and such other activities which result in pollution, acceleration of eutrophication of rivers and lakes, or ecological balance.
• Adopt measures and safeguards against pollution and for the preservation of the natural ecosystem in the province, in consonance with approved standards on human settlements and environmental sanitation.
City and municipal Councils
• Provide for the establishment, maintenance, protection, and conservation of communal forests and watersheds, tree parks, greenbelts, mangroves, and similar forest development projects. – Rappler.com
Source: Local Government Code of 1991