The national task force against COVID-19 has placed Metro Manila, a few surrounding provinces, and one city each in the Visayas and Mindanao under hard lockdown in August due to the fresh surge of cases and the threat of the more transmissible Delta variant.
Rappler has compiled news you can use during the enhanced community quarantine in the National Capital Region from August 6 to 20, and Laguna province in Calabarzon, Iloilo City in Western Visayas, and Cagayan de Oro City in Northern Mindanao from August 6 to 15.
It is not immediately clear why the new restrictions applied to various parts of Calabarzon will last for 10 days only, or until August 15, when Metro Manila’s lockdown status will stretch until August 20.
We will update this page as more information come in.
When going out
- DILG says quarantine pass required again in Metro Manila during ECQ
- 8 pm to 4 am curfew to be implemented in Metro Manila starting August 6
- PNP implements ‘tiny bubbles,’ bars inter-city travel for consumers
- Non-APOR residents not allowed to enter Metro Manila during ECQ – DILG
- DOTr: There will be public transportation during lockdown
- DILG to impose ‘1-tricycle, 1-passenger’ policy in ECQ areas
- ‘Hatid-sundo’ now allowed in Metro Manila during ECQ
About your power and water supply
- Meralco says no disconnection in ECQ, MECQ areas for August 2021
- Manila Water, Maynilad suspend disconnection during ECQ
Aid you can expect
- Poor in Metro Manila to get P1,000 aid due to August ECQ
- DBM releases P10.89 billion for Metro Manila cash aid
- Bank schedules during ECQ, MECQ in August 2021
- Ayala, Robinsons malls waive PUV terminal fees during Metro Manila ECQ
Unavailable government offices and services
- House suspends sessions during August ECQ
- No Senate sessions on August 9 to 23 due to ECQ
- Comelec suspends voter registration in ECQ areas
- COVID-19 vaccinations to continue during ECQ period – Roque
- Metro Manila to get 2.5 million more vaccines during ECQ
What government should be fixing