This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – Archers, tankers and wrestlers slugged it out on Day 2 of the 2016 Palarong Pambansa on Tuesday, April 12 in this city.
An action-packed day saw host Albay raising the curtain on the swimming competition with NCR raking in 7 gold medals, while wrestlers left it all out on the mat in the first day of competitions.
Athletics, boxing, and football action continued as well. (READ: NCR maintains lead as Caraga, Mimaropa struggle)
Calabarzon’s Jerick Mendoza broke an 18-year record in elementary boys javelin throw, notching a distance of 57.50 meters, smashing Jonah Robles’ 51.88 meters in 1998.
See some of the scenes from Day 2 of Palaro below.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016’s fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year’s Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy