This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – Enjoy clearer calls, on-time text messages, faster surfing and downloading through an advanced 3G and an expanding 4G network at the country’s premier business district.
This as Globe Telecom says its subscribers in the central business district (CBD) of Makati can now benefit from the completion of the first phase of its 4G LTE (4th Generation Long-Term Evolution) network rollout.
In 2012, Globe embarked on a massive US$700 million project to transform its access, transport and core network. It says the project implementation is on track with over 75% of its cell sites already modernized in Makati, as well as other areas of Metro Manila, Visayas and Mindanao.
With speeds 10 times faster than a 3G connection, subscribers in these areas can stream music and videos without buffering, as well as download files and attachments in faster time.
The following villages, condominiums, office areas, hospitals, parks, hotels and malls with high-volume human traffic in Makati area can now experience widespread HSPA+ and LTE coverage:
- Manila Golf and Country Club, Forbes Park
- The Residences, Greenbelt 1
- Rockwell Nestle; Palanan Avenue; Rockwell Condominiums
- Along Ayala Ave. Ext. going to Kamagong St., Along Ayala Ave. Ext. going to Gil Puyat Ave.
- Towards Ayala Ave. going to Buendia; towards Ayala Avenue going to Edsa; towards Dela Rosa
- EDSA; South Luzon Expressway (SLEx); A. Arnaiz Ave.; Bangkal
- Jupiter St.; Kalayaan; Bel-Air 1 Village; Bel-Air 2 Village
- Gil Puyat Ave.; Bel-Air 2 Village; Salcedo Village
- Pasong Tamo Extension; Dasmarinas Village
- H.V. dela Costa St.; Valero St.; Salcedo Village
- Indoor coverage – Manila Peninsula Hotel, Makati
- McKinley Road; Forbes Park; Dasmarinas Village
- Indoor coverage – Makati Medical Center
To test claims on the LTE rollout, Rappler sets out to select areas in Makati CBD. Findings on Globe Telecom’s LTE network performance as are as follows:
|Location||Speedtest.net||Loading 8-min #AskMargie episode on YouTube (360p quality)||Downloading 7.5MB song from iTunes store||Downloading 9.2MB movie via FTP|
|Ayala Triangle||32 Mbps||7:08||3:07||0:56|
|Valero Street||17.1 Mbps||7:52||3:08||1:40|
Globe Telecom says its optimized infrastructure aims to elevate the mobile experience of Makati residents, workers and businesses. Globe promises more areas would be LTE-capable in tandem with its network transformation rollout. – Rappler.com