Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp suffer global outage


This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.

Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp suffer global outage
The outage affects approximately 60% of users. The remaining 40% who can access Facebook's services may encounter errors or issues.

MANILA, Philippines – Facebook and its related or owned services – Instagram, Messenger, and Whatsapp – are currently experiencing a global outage, which appears to have started around 6:30 pm Manila time, or 6:30 am Eastern Standard Time, on Sunday, April 14.

A report from civil society group Netblocks said the outage is affecting approximately 60% of users, based on an analysis of 21 Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Whatsapp servers.


While about 40% of users can access Facebook or its related services, they may encounter errors or other issues during this time.

DOWNTIME. DownDetector's Facebook Outage map shows the reports of Facebook's outage across the world as of April 14, 8:25 pm, Manila time

Downdetector’s outage map points to a large number of reports coming from the Philippines, with reports coming in from Europe and the US as well.

A similar downtime affecting Facebook and Instagram occurred In March.

Facebook has yet to release a statement or report on the outage and its extent. – Rappler.com

Add a comment

Sort by

There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.

Summarize this article with AI

How does this make you feel?

Download the Rappler App!