Spotify on Tuesday, August 3, launched its Premium Mini subscription tier for Philippine users of the audio-streaming service.
In what the company is calling a “bite-sized” prepaid plan, Spotify users on Android phones and tablets can choose to get Spotify Premium for a daily rate of P7 or a weekly rate of P26.
According to a Spotify press release announcing the new subscription tier, Premium Mini provides almost all of the benefits of a regular premium subscription.
These benefits include advertisement-free listening to music, the ability to download and play offline up to 30 songs on a mobile device, and the ability to use the in-beta Group Session feature so up to five people can listen to the same playlist or podcast at once.
Here’s how to sign up for its Premium Mini offering:
- Download Spotify’s mobile app or head over to Spotify’s website on desktop.
- Click the ‘Premium’ section at the top right of the website or at the bottom right of the Spotify app.
- Choose ‘Get Mini’ and choose the ‘daily’ or ‘weekly’ prepaid plan.
- Choose a payment method. Spotify said users do not need to pay using a credit card, as digital payment providers like PayMaya, GCash, and other digital wallets will work. Users can also charge it to their mobile phone carrier bill.
- Register or log in to the Spotify account.