MANILA, Philippines – For the first time, Lola Nidora, the now famous character played by Wally Bayola of Eat Bulaga‘s hit Kalyserye, shared details about her love life with the whole AlDub Nation, Saturday, October 24 at the Philippine Arena.
While waiting for Yaya Dub and Alden to appear, Lola recalled the men who became her suitors. She asked viewers if they believed in forever, while the audience cheered her on. (The AlDub hug: 21 photos of Alden and Yaya Dub’s sweetest ‘Tamang Panahon’ moments)
The Lola Nidora character, played by comedian Wally Bayola, was initially against the pairing of Alden and Yaya Dub. But as the weeks wore on, she relented, beginning to show her softer side and eventually allowing the two their first date, and now, this grand meeting witnessed by their fans.
Nidora is also well known for her frank words of wisdom – particularly, her advice that love comes at the right time.
Lola Nidora told the audience, most especially the youth to study first befoe entering a relationship.
“Mag-aral muna mag-square root bago humarot!” Nidora said. (Study first before playing around.)
“Sabi ko nga kay Yaya, okay lang naman umibig, gawin inspirasyon ito para maging masipag at maging masaya sa buhay. Kailangan din naman natin iyon yung kilig-kilig,” Nidora added.
(I told Yaya that it’s okay to love, use it as an inspiration to be hardworking and to be happy in life. After all, we all need those giddy feelings.)
Nidora said there was a reason why she was so strict with Yaya, and told viewers of her experience with love.
“Marami akong mangliligaw noon (I had many suitors),” Nidora said which ther audience responded “Weh.”
She proceeded to introduce her suitors such as Albert Einstein, Antonio Luna, Ferdinand Magellan.
“Siya si Antonio. Matapang na tao. Kaya lang, palaging nagmumura, ayoko sa kanya. Kaya lang minsan pag nagkakatuwaan kami, iba din ang tawa niyan,” she said.
(Antonio, he was a fierce man. But he was always cursing, I didn’t want him. But when we would share happy moments, his laugh was one of a kind.)
Suitor of Lola Nidora?? pic.twitter.com/aY89IloSQ2— alexa villano (@alexavillano) October 24, 2015
To that, the Twitter account of the recent hit movie Heneral Luna replied:
Pasensya na at hindi dumating ang tamang panahon namin ni Nidora. Busy ako sa panliligaw kay Inang Bayan.— Heneral Antonio Luna (@HeneralLuna) October 24, 2015
And then there was an “Anselmo,” whom she said she truly liked, but her parents were against. (It should be noted that this “Anselmo” looks a lot like one Alden Richards.)
“Siya (Anselmo) ang the one that got away,” Nidora said.
Meet Anselmo pic.twitter.com/HIUL0AeZjQ— alexa villano (@alexavillano) October 24, 2015
After her heartbreak with Anselmo, she met Miguel de Explorer, whom she married, and later had children with.
“Sabi nga nila pag magkahawig, nagkakatuluyan pero bakit yung mga nauna kahawig ko naman ‘yata,” Nidora said. (As the saying goes, if you resemble each other, you end up together, but the first guys who courted me did look like me, I think.)
Nidora had two children with Miguel – Dorita and Teodoro who are abroad. She later on told the audience to spend time to visit their families.
“Kung meron man kayong mga magulang, mahal sa buhay, lola, lolo na matagal n’yo na hindi nakakasama, dalawin n’yo naman sila… malaking bagay iyon para sa kanila. Malayo man or malapit, kaunting oras at kaunting panahon, napakalaking bagay iyon,” she said.
(If you have parents, love ones grandma,grandpa that you have not seen in a long time, visit them…that’s already a big thing. No matter you are near or far, a bit of time with them, is already special to them.) – Rappler.com
AlDub’s big day:
- AlDub’s ‘Tamang Panahon’: 10 unforgettable moments
- The AlDub hug: 21 photos of Alden and Yaya Dub’s sweetest ‘Tamang Panahon’ moments
- AlDub’s ‘Tamang Panahon’ Twitter record
- Photo recap: ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ with Alden, Yaya Dub, Lola Nidora
- [IN PHOTOS] ‘AlDub: Tamang Panahon’ fun: Fans flock to Philippine Arena
- AlDub’s ‘Lola Nidora’ shares past love, ex-suitors, love advice
Other AlDub stories:
- #AlDub recap: Lola Nidora’s ‘tamang panahon’ finally gets a date
- WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
- Why does everyone seem to love ‘AlDub’?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Sad of the Kalyeserye/Aldub phenomenon
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, ‘AlDub,’ Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: ‘It’s a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Alden visits Yaya Dub, AlDub takes first photo
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate ‘National Pabebe Wave Day’
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub’s romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub’s forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden’s ‘Cinderella’ moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and ‘Yaya Dub’
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during ‘Eat Bulaga’