#AlDub sets new record: #AlDubEBTamangPanahon pulls in 41 million tweets
MANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) – AlDub, the perennial Twitter trending topic, has done it again, generating 41 million tweets with their hashtag #AlDubEBTamangPanahon, according to a release from Twitter Monday, October 26.
And according to Twitter, it also breaks another record previously set by the World Cup's Germany versus Brazil match in 2014, which pulled in 35.6 million tweets.
These 41 million tweets were pulled in beginning late evening of October 23 until the morning of Sunday, October 25.
Twitter says that the hashtag #ALDubEBTamangPanahon hit 3 peaks. The highest occured when Alden Richards sang "God Gave Me You" to Yaya Dub; this pulled in more than 48,000 tweets per minute at 2:29 pm on October 24. AlDub later shared a fierce hug onstage in front of their legions of fans and devoted viewers.
This was the most shared tweet, from Maine Mendoza, the actress who plays Yaya Dub:
Maraming salamat Dabarkads at AlDub Nation sa suporta at pagmamahal! Grabe kayo! God bless us all!!! #AIDubEBTamangPanahon— Maine Mendoza (@mainedcm) October 24, 2015
Alden Richards and Maine Yaya Dub Mendoza thanked their fans online for the event's huge success.
Grabe kayo.. Happy 39M tweets, AlDub Nation! Wala talagang imposible sainyo! #ALDubEBTamangPanahon— Maine Mendoza (@mainedcm) October 24, 2015
38 million! So much love :) #ALDubEBTamangPanahon— Eat Bulaga (@EatBulaga) October 24, 2015
Eat Bulaga co-host Joey de Leon also tweeted that the fans were able to post 25.8 million tweets in 24 hours, breaking another of their previous records.
Joey also greeted Eat Bulaga co-host Pia Guanio-Mago a happy birthday, telling her that the show broke records. He followed it up with tweets thankingthe show's supporters.
Happy Birthday @piaguanio ! We set a new attendance and twitter record for Tamang Panahon at the Philippine Arena!— Joey de Leon (@AngPoetNyo) October 24, 2015
AlDub nation, the love team's fans, as well as viewers of the popular kalyeserye took to Twitter to express joy, exhilaration, and kilig (giddy feelings) at being able to finally see Alden and Yaya Dub be together at last, with the blessing and approval of Yaya's guardian Lola Nidora.
The tweets started really pouring in earlier in the morning and the evening before the show even started, as anticipation rose to a fever pitch.
They continued streaming in as fans reacted to the show's many highlights on social media, including Lola Nidora's musings on love and a look at her suitors.
And then of course, there was the main event: the climactic meeting between Alden and Yaya Dub, which came after a touching group hug with Lola Nidora.
Ever since the kalyeserye began airing in July, fans have been cheering the tandem on and making it trend everyday. Early in October, Twitter Asia Pacific and Middle East Vice President Rishi Jaitly called AlDub a "global phenomenon," after the hashtag #AlDubEBforLove pulled in 26 million tweets. (#AlDub: 7 Lessons from the success of the 'global phenomenon')
Thousands and thousands of fans flocked to the Philippine Arena to witness the event in person at the sold-out show. The Arena has a seating capacity of a little over 50,000. – Rappler.com
More AlDub stories:
- #AlDub recap: Lola Nidora's 'tamang panahon' finally gets a date
- WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
- Why does everyone seem to love 'AlDub'?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Sad of the Kalyeserye/Aldub phenomenon
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, 'AlDub,' Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: 'It's a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Alden visits Yaya Dub, AlDub takes first photo
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate 'National Pabebe Wave Day'
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub's romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub's forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden's 'Cinderella' moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and 'Yaya Dub'
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during 'Eat Bulaga'
Culture and beyond
We love pop culture. Whether it is TV, movies, or music, we seek to go beyond the news by providing deep dives and explainers on the latest trends happening locally and around the world.
Serious work goes into our brand of cultural journalism. However, to continue exploring the entertainment landscape, we need your support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.