MANILA, Philippines – Amidst the media and online frenzy in anticipation of the birth of the #RoyalBaby, dad-to-be Prince William has other plans this weekend.
Unless the Duchess of Cambridge gives birth, William is set to compete in a charity polo match in Gloucestershire on July 14 (July 15 Manila time), reports People. He will be joined by his brother, Prince Harry, who is also a big fan of the game.
Proceeds from the match will go to charities supported by the princes:
- Centrepoint, a charity for the homeless
- Child Bereavement UK, a group that helps families who have lost a child
- WellChild, an advocacy for seriously ill children
The match will take place in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, about 100 miles (160 km) or a two-hour drive from London where Kate Middleton is expected to deliver.
Nick Loughran, a representative for Prince William, told Today.com: “He will play in the charity match if he is able to…That is, if the Duchess hasn’t gone into labor at that point.”
Though media reports have pegged the due date to be July 11 or 13, Buckingham Palace only announced that the birth is scheduled to take place mid-July.
In the critical days leading to the birth, the 31-year-old Duchess is reportedly resting in her parents’ estate in Bucklebury and her home in Kensington Palace.
Waiting for the baby
But while William can look forward to his polo match, millions of people all over the world can’t get their minds off the impending arrival of the #RoyalBaby.
Excitement over the birth, stoked by rumors of Kate going into labor, has taken over many Twitter feeds:
Checking Twitter solely to see if there is any scoop on the #royalbaby. Yep, obsessed.— Johannah Gage (@JohannahGage) July 12, 2013
C'mon Kate! Where's the baby? #royalbaby— Charlotte Garbett (@CharlotteGarbs) July 12, 2013
Still waiting for the royal baby. Come on Kate, pop that little Prince or Princess out. #RoyalBaby— Lindsey Loyd (@hi_linny) July 12, 2013
– With reports from Pia Ranada/Rappler.com
What name would you give the #RoyalBaby? Let us know by posting your comments below, or by tweeting @rapplerdotcom.
Read our other stories on the #RoyalBaby:
- British royal baby will bear Cambridge title
- What would Kate and William’s royal baby look like?
- William and Kate’s #RoyalBaby countdown
- A lullaby only for the #RoyalBaby
- What will the royal nursery look like?
- Kate names new ship in last solo event before baby
- Prince Charles on Harry, and William and Kate’s baby
- A baby girl for William and Kate?
- What kind of mum will Kate Middleton be?
- Condoms as baby present for William and Kate