MANILA, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III went to Serendra, site of the strong explosion on Friday evening, May 31. The President arrived in the area about 10:30 pm, according to Rappler’s Marga Deona who saw him.
The President was with members of the Presidential Security Group. He went inside one of the function rooms of the posh residential building.
Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Mar Roxas said in a press briefing hours after incident that the president went to the site because of the unique circumstances of the explosion.
On Friday evening, Taguig police confirmed that a strong explosion rocked the posh Serendra in Taguig and sent shockwaves to different parts of the city. The blast reportedly killed two.
- Blast in Serendra; 3 killed, 4 injured
- Shockwaves from Serendra: ‘I actually cried’
- Business as usual in Serendra after blast
- NDRRMC revises report: 3 killed in Serendra
- Cause of blast still unclear – Roxas