This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – Who is Renato Coronado Corona before he joined the Supreme Court in 2002?
He was an unknown Palace bureaucrat who would later gain the trust and confidence of two Philippine presidents — Fidel Ramos and Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Both of them wanted him in the Supreme Court.
Rappler Carmela Fonbuena looks back at Corona’s meteoric rise and his dramatic fall. – Rappler.com
Click the links below for key Rappler stories related to the impeachment case against Chief Justice Renato Corona:
- Spotlight on the Senator-judges
- Was Corona honest? Check out our interactive map and judge for yourself
- A Guide: The charges vs Corona
- LIVE BLOGS: Rappler’s blow by blow account of the trial
- Corona verdict: 5 issues for senator-judges
- Why prosecutors see a Corona conviction
- Why the defense sees Corona acquittal
- Corona: 45 properties, 82 dollar accounts all made-up
- Corona: ‘I’ve done no wrong, I did not steal’
- Making financial sense of Corona’s wealth