This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – A month before it hosts the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meetings in November, the Philippines will welcome the world’s most “economically powerful business people” who will gather in Manila for the annual Forbes Global CEO Conference.
The 15th conference will be held for the first time in Manila from October 12 to 14.
William Adamopoulos, CEO/Asia, Forbes Media LLC said Forbes looks forward to the Forbes Global CEO Conference in the Philippines, one of the world’s most promising emerging markets.
“Manila is a fitting location to host our conference delegates, who are among the world’s most economically powerful business people,” Adamopoulos said.
Launched in 2001, the Forbes Global CEO Conference gathers under one roof some of the world’s most successful tycoons, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and thought leaders. The co-host sponsors of this year’s conference are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC) and BDO Unibank, International Container Terminal Services Incorporated (ICTSI), and San Miguel Corporation (SMC).
“Forbes has a solid reputation for bringing CEOs together through its conferences and global thought leadership sessions. This will be an excellent opportunity to exchange views and ideas with other business leaders from around the world,” said Teresita Sy-Coson, vice chairperson of SMIC and chairperson of BDO Unibank.
In the 2014 conference held in Singapore, Sy-Coson talked about “profit from tomorrow’s growth.” She is also included in Forbes list of “50 Power Businesswomen in Asia 2015.”
As co-host, Enrique K. Razon, Jr, chairman and president of ICTSI and Chairman of Bloomberry Resorts Corporation, developer of Solaire Resort and Casino, said his company is excited to welcome this year’s delegates to Solaire, the country’s first integrated resort in Entertainment City.
“Not only is the Philippines economy going from strength to strength, because of factors such as a growing middle class, better infrastructure, and a positive outlook for regional trade, it is also one of the world’s most unique tourist destinations,” Razon said.
Razon talked about “destinations in the making” in last year’s conference. Razon, 55, also upped his ranking to 291st this year in Forbes billionaires’ list, from 354th in 2014. He has an estimated net worth of $5.2 billion.
“We’re pleased to be one of the co-hosts of this year’s Forbes Global CEO Conference. The Philippines has emerged as one of Asia’s brightest stars in recent years and we look forward to enabling other business leaders and foreign investors to better understand the country, navigate its business landscape and identify possible areas of cooperation,” SMC President and COO Ramon S. Ang said.
Under the theme, “Toward a Winning Vision,” this year’s Forbes Global CEO Conference will focus on the theme of visionary leadership – how companies can best conceive and articulate a winning vision to drive their businesses forward.
Some 50 speakers from around the world are expected to inspire insights on topics such as the world economy, investment strategies, energy, technology and innovation, emerging markets, leadership, succession, and philanthropy.
Past speakers of the Forbes Global CEO Conference include:
- Carlos Slim Helú, Chairman of Fundación Telmex, Fundación Carlos Slim, Impulsora del Desarrollo del Empleo en América Latina and Cicsa
- Li Ka-Shing, Chairman of Cheung Kong (Holdings) and Hutchison Whampoa
- Rob Walton, Chairman of Wal-Mart
- Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman and CEO of steelmaker ArcelorMittal
- Sheldon Adelson, Chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Dhanin Chearavanont, Chairman and CEO of Charoen Pokphand Group
- Anthony Pratt, Global Chairman of Visy Australia/Pratt Industries USA
- Wilbur Ross, Chairman and CEO of WL Ross & Company
- Michael Spence, Nobel-prize winning economist
- Mario Moretti Polegato, Chairman of GEOX Group
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman and MD of Biocon
- Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties
- Zong Qinghou, Chairman of Hangzhou Wahaha Group
- Stefano Pessina, Executive Chairman of Alliance Boots
- Hiroshi Mikitani, Chairman and CEO of Rakuten
- Eduardo Saverin, Co-Founder and Investor, Facebook
For more information on the conference, visit, www.forbesglobalceoconference.com – Rappler.com
File photos from Forbes Global CEO Conference