PH stars congratulate Rachel Peters for Top 10 finish in Miss Universe 2017
MANILA, Philippines – Rachel Peters may have not won the Miss Universe title, but Filipino celebrities and politicians congratulated her for being part of the competition's top 10 finalists.
On social media, stars such as Vice Ganda, Solenn Heussaff, Anne Curtis, and Tim Yap commended her for raising the country's flag.
"Madlang People lets all give Rachel Peters a big round of applause," Vice tweeted.
Madlang People lets all give Rachel Peters a big round of applause!— jose marie viceral (@vicegandako) November 27, 2017
Anne Curtis said: "Making it to the top 10 is such a feat! You were gorgeous."
Congrats to @rachelpetersx for representing us! Congrats also to Miss South Africa! And to all the beautiful and confident women. You girls make us proud :)— Solenn Heussaff (@solennheussaff) November 27, 2017
Miss Universe 2010 4th runner-up Venus Raj and singer Saab Magalona admitted they were puzzled why Rachel did not move on to the Top 5.
TV host and Volleyball player Gretchen Ho said she thought Rachel had everything going for her.
Actress and former Miss World 1993 2nd princess Ruffa Gutierrez congratulated Rachel for doing her best.
Congratulations RACHEL PETERS! You did amazing in representing our country!!! Palakpakan!!!! now who’s your bet???? Tweet me. #MissUniverse— Ruffa Gutierrez (@iloveruffag) November 27, 2017
Senator Grace Poe and Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco tweeted messages for Rachel.
"You were a portrait of beauty and perseverance on stage, and gave the pageant your best.
With or without the crown, you already have won the hearts of the Filipinos!" Grace said.
Karen, who is in the same beauty queen camp with Rachel, wrote: "Rachel Peters already won our hearts! Mabuhay ka Rachel! Still our Miss Universe. Thank you for representing our country with beauty and a heart. We love you!"
Jodi Sta Maria and Rachelle Ann Go also gave their congratulatory messages for the Filipino-British beauty queen.
More Miss Universe on Rappler
- Fil-Am modeling director to judge Miss Universe 2017 preliminary competition
- LOOK: Philippines, Indonesia are Miss Universe 2017 roomies
- CONFIRMED: Miss Universe 2017 to be held in Las Vegas, USA
- Nia Sanchez,Tegan Martin on life after Miss Universe
- Pia Wurtzbach to judge Miss Universe 2017
- What Pia Wurtzbach reminded Rachel Peters to do in Miss Universe 2017
- WATCH: Know more about Rachel Peters in her Miss Universe introduction video
- LOOK: Rachel Peters' national costume for Miss Universe 2017
- IN PHOTOS: Rachel Peters at the Miss Universe 2017 preliminaries
- 5 ways to help Miss Universe PH Rachel Peters make it to the Top 15
- RAPPLER EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Cecilio Asuncion
- PH stars call on fans to support Rachel Peters in Miss Universe 2017
- WATCH: Rachel Peters' message for Filipino fans as Miss Universe 2017 approaches
- Predictions: Who will be Miss Universe 2017?
- 8 fun facts: Meet Miss Universe PH 2017 Rachel Peters
- Rachel Peters felt 'betrayed' over 'leaked' photo of evening gown
- WATCH: Interview with Rachel Peters' mentor Rodgil Flores
- PH's Rachel Peters in Miss Universe 2017 Top 16
- These 3 countries made their Miss Universe debut at the 2017 pageant
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2017 swimsuit competition
- Rachel Peters ends journey in Miss Universe 2017
- LOOK: The Top 3 for Miss Universe 2017
- South Africa's Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters crowned Miss Universe 2017
- Meet Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters
- IN PHOTOS: Philippines' Rachel Peters at Miss Universe 2017 coronation
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2017 evening gown competition
- LOOK: Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere wears Michael Cinco gown
- Miss Universe 2017: Mikimoto crown makes a comeback
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.