CNN forum: Senate bets face off on drug war, China, same-sex unions
MANILA, Philippines – Eight senatorial bets faced off on President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, the Philippines' ties with China, same-sex unions, and other issues during CNN Philippines' senatorial forum on Sunday, December 2.
On the war on drugs, one senatorial bet said government should first address poverty, while another said drug lords should be killed in Luneta.
The recently signed Philippines-China deal on oil and gas development also became a contentious issue during the forum.
Meanwhile, all but one senatorial bet backed same-sex unions, as other issues raged on.
The following senatorial bets joined the CNN Philippines forum on Sunday:
- Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano
- Senator Paolo Benigno "Bam" Aquino IV
- Former police chief Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa
- Human rights lawyer Jose Manuel "Chel" Diokno
- Senator Joseph Victor "JV" Ejercito
- Former senator Juan Ponce Enrile
- Former senator Sergio Osmeña III
- Former Duterte adviser Francis Tolentino
Here is a list of Rappler stories from Sunday's CNN Philippines forum:
LAW AND ORDER
- Senate bets on drugs: Solve poverty or kill drug lords in Luneta?
- 4 Senate bets back legalization of medical marijuana
- In TV forum, Senate bets vs death penalty outnumber supporters
- 3 opposition bets vs lowering age of criminal liability
- Enrile: No justifiable reason to declare nationwide martial law
- Senate bets on traffic: Prioritize commuters, decongest Manila
- Only Alejano opposes same-sex unions in TV senatorial forum
- Senate bets on labor issues: End 'endo,' gender discrimination