Short films take the spotlight at the Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival, which is set to run online from August 7 to 16.
The festival’s digital edition, themed “Stream Consciousness,” will feature short films for its main competition. The 10 finalists, selected from 244 submissions, include the following titles:
- Ang Gasgas na Plaka ni Lolo Bert by Janina Gacosta and Cheska Marfori
- Ang Pagpakalma sa Unos by Joanna Vasquez Arong
- Excuse Me Miss, Miss, Miss by Sonny Calvento
- Fatigued by James Mayo
- Living Things by Martika Ramirez Escobar
- Pabasa Kan Pasyon by Hubert Tibi
- Quing Lalam Ning Aldo by Reeden Fajardo
- The Slums by Jan Andrei Cobey
- Tokwifi by Carla Pulido Ocampo
- Utwas by Richard Salvadico and Arlie Sumagaysay
The films will be screened on Vimeo.
Aside from the main competition, Cinemalaya 2020 will also have a short film exhibition featuring 20 films, as well as a screening of award-winning indie films from Asia.
As part of the festival, acclaimed screenwriter Ricky Lee will be conducting a scriptwriting masterclass, and his writing workshop alumni will be holding a virtual reunion.
Further details on the festival will be announced on Cinemalaya’s Facebook page. – Rappler.com