Five years as the country’s most powerful man should change you, right?
If there’s anyone who should know about Rodrigo Duterte’s leadership style as president, it should be a Cabinet member.
The Cabinet is a group of the President’s most trusted men and women, put in charge of all aspects of governing the country – from transportation management, to the national budget, to defense and security.
Duterte meets with his Cabinet every month, and it’s through them that he implements his policies.
Rappler reporter Pia Ranada speaks to a former Cabinet member and longtime friend of Duterte’s, Jesus Dureza, for insights into the President’s leadership and governance style.
Seat of Power is Rappler’s political podcast about the Philippine presidency.
Listen to other Seat of Power episodes:
- Episode 1: COVID-19 ward doctor assesses Duterte’s pandemic response
- Episode 2: Duterte’s hands all over ABS-CBN franchise rejection
- Episode 3: The frightening future of Duterte’s anti-terror law
- Episode 4: Duterte’s 2020 SONA in 5 minutes
- Episode 5: What happens if Duterte gets COVID-19?
- Episode 6: Duterte, Trump, Bolsonaro: The ‘medical populists’
- Episode 7: Pandemic leadership: Duterte vs Leni
- Episode 8: Duterte’s secretive Malacañang
- Episode 9: Duterte’s vaccine dreams vs reality
- Episode 10: Duterte’s role in the Cayetano-Velasco Speakership tussle
- Episode 11: 4 reasons why Duterte’s ratings are still high
- Episode 12: ‘Corruption crackdown’ by a master of spectacle
- Episode 13: Covering a President who lies
- Episode 14: Tarlac shooting: Blood on Duterte’s hands
- Episode 15: Unpacking the PSG vaccine mystery
- Episode 16: China’s new Coast Guard law and Duterte
- Episode 17: Duterte’s VFA threats: Negotiating tactic or rash outburst?
- Episode 18: Is Duterte responsible for ‘Bloody Sunday’?
- Episode 19: What is Duterte’s actual role in pandemic response?
- Episode 20: Duterte, despite bluster, makes big climate pledge
- Episode 21: A conversation with Lieutenant General Antonio Parlade
- Episode 22: Rodolfo Biazon on what the President should keep to himself
- Episode 23: 2022 political moves start now
- Episode 24: Duterte supporter on why President still popular on last year
- Episode 25: What will Sara decide?