Retired Davao City policeman Arturo “Arthur” Lascañas recently resurfaced, armed with more allegations about the Davao Death Squad that he claimed was masterminded by President Rodrigo Rodrigo Duterte himself when he was mayor.
He filed an affidavit with the International Criminal Court, whose prosecutor is currently investigating the killings that have occurred in Duterte’s nationwide war on drugs as well as the killings in Davao City from 2011 to 2016. The ICC pre-trial chamber said there are similarities between these crimes committed under Duterte’s watch.
Lascañas did not only focus on the existence of the death squad. In his latest affidavit, he also alleged that Duterte had links with suspected drug personalities in the Philippines.
Who is Lascañas? Why do his allegations against the President hold weight?
Watch the video and read Rappler’s investigative series on his ICC affidavit.
Makalipas ang ilang taong pananahimik, muli nagsalita si Arturo “Arthur” Lascañas tungkol sa Davao Death Squad (DDS) na diumano’y pinamunuan ni Presidente Rodrigo Duterte noong siya ay alkalde pa lamang.
Ipinasa niya ang kanyang panibagong affidavit sa International Criminal Court (ICC), na kasalukuyang nag-iimbestiga ng mga patayan kaugnay ng kampanya laban sa droga sa Pilipinas, pati ang mga patayan sa Davao City mula 2011 hanggang 2016. Maraming pagkakatulad ang mga krimeng naganap habang nanunungkulan si Duterte.
Hindi lamang ang operasyon ng death squad ang kanyang pinatotohanan. Sa pinakabago niyang affidavit, ibinunyag niya ang umano’y koneksiyon ni Duterte sa mga personalidad na nasa [puwede nang idelete? sa] likod ng malalaking sindikato ng ilegal na droga.
Sino si Lascañas? Bakit may bigat ang mga paratang niya sa Presidente?
Panoorin ang video at basahin ang buong serye ng Rappler tungkol sa ICC affidavit upang maintindihan ang lahat ng nalalaman ni Lascañas.
Contributors to “THE LASCAÑAS AFFIDAVIT | ‘I KILLED FOR DUTERTE’” series: Lian Buan, Jodesz Gavilan, Glenda M. Gloria, Chay F. Hofileña, Pia Ranada, Rambo Talabong
Read and watch the stories in this series:
- THE LASCAÑAS AFFIDAVIT | ‘I killed for Duterte’
- ANG LASCAÑAS AFFIDAVIT | ‘Inutusan akong pumatay ni Duterte’
- DDS insider links Rodrigo Duterte, Michael Yang to drug trade
- First in PH history: ICC grants limited immunity to Duterte accuser Lascañas
- Davao shabu lab raid: ‘Eliminate them all’
- Green Heights roundup: Workers killed for possibly knowing about shabu lab
- Why the Laud quarry, ‘mass grave’ for DDS victims, haunts Lascañas
- Davao Death Squad buried ‘garbage’ bodies in these other dumping grounds
- Duterte hitmen confirm Lascañas stories of Davao killings
- ‘Deny everything’: Cayetano, Dela Rosa prepared witnesses for Senate DDS probe
- Duterte as ‘Superman’: Lascañas details Davao Death Squad operations
- ‘I hold the truth’: Ex-Davao hitman Arturo Lascañas is not afraid of Rodrigo Duterte
- WATCH: Who is self-confessed Davao Death Squad member Arturo Lascañas?
- NEXT: Duterte promotes alleged key Davao hitmen to national posts