MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Tom Esconde and Olivia Medina were declared the winners of Century Tuna Superbods 2016 on Sunday, April 10 at the Palace Pool Club in Taguig.
The 26 contestants heated up the Palace Pool Club as they walked the runway in swimwear and evening resort wear. Right before the final winners were announced, there was also a question and answer portion.
The ladies now walking pic.twitter.com/Jk1yFAPljR— alexa villano (@alexavillano) April 10, 2016
The evening resort wear pic.twitter.com/VP7pEFzqJu— alexa villano (@alexavillano) April 10, 2016
Clint Bondad and Ambra Gutierrez were declared as first runner-up winners, while Chet Abella and Ali Khatibi were declared 2nd runner-up winners.
The 2014 winners Mauro Lumba and Sarah Polverini were there to pass their titles to Tom and Olivia.
Teresa Herrera hosted the show, together with Mark Nelson and Gelli Victor.
In an interview with the press after the competition, both Tom and Olivia said that they did not expect to be the top picks of the competition.
Both shared that they prepared for the challenges they faced by eating right and doing a lot of cardio.
“It was so exciting. I was so shocked. There were so many amazing candidates this year and it was very challenging but I’m so happy,” said Olivia, a Filipino-Canadian model.
Tom, a Filipino-Swedish technician, said: “I’m still in shock. It’s amazing. I’ve been working so hard for this and it’s just amazing.”
Special Awards were also given to the following:
- Beach Bodies: Shawn Stansbury and Ambra Gutierrez
- People’s Choice: Kaara Tan and Pio Luz
- Fittest Individual: Clint Bondad and Ambra Gutierrez
- Belo Beautiful Skin: Clint Bondad and Chet Abella
- Stylish Superbod of the Night: Olivia Medina and Clint Bondad
- Most Photogenic: Natalia LaLonde and Tom Esconde
- Runway Superbod of the Night: Ameen Sardouk and Chet Abella
- Superbods challenge winners: Cassie Umali and Andrew Aurellano
– with a report from Alexa Villano/Rappler.com