MANILA, Philippines – Bakit matunog sa eleksiyong ito ang konsepto ng withdrawal ng isang kandidato?
In this 10th episode of Campaign Convos, Rappler reporters talk about the forces behind calls for certain candidates to withdraw, and whether such calls are wise or even timely. What would happen if Isko Moreno withdraws, which some Leni Robredo supporters want? Would it really lead to the outcome they want?
Underlining these recent calls are the failed 2021 unity talks initiated by the Vice President herself. What happened back then? How are we suffering the consequences of that failure now?
Listen in to the discussion live at 6 pm on Thursday, April 7.
Campaign Convos is a weekly talk show and podcast featuring kuwentuhan, analysis, and inside information straight from both the physical and virtual campaign trail. It’s hosted by reporters Jairo Bolledo, Lian Buan, Mara Cepeda, Bea Cupin, Pia Ranada, Aika Rey, and Rambo Talabong.
The podcast version can be found on Spotify. It features a second segment called “And I Quote,” brief excerpts of interviews by reporters with campaign personalities and insiders.
Make Campaign Convos part of your weekly ritual until election day!
Watch or listen to past episodes:
- Episode 1: Kumusta ang candidates pag naha-hotseat ng media? (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 2: How candidates projected power in their proclamation rallies (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 3: How surveys shape candidates’ strategies (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 4: ISSA, Leni-Sara? Bakit mahilig ang Pilipino mag-split ng tandem (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 5: Leni, Sara, and the women in the 2022 race (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 6: Paano nagbabangayan ang mga kandidato? (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 7: Buhay campaign reporter (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 8: The power, and limits, of endorsements (Spotify podcast here.)
- Episode 9: The class divide and elections