MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) narrowed down further the list of presidential aspirants that will make it to the ballot in the 2022 national elections.
- Ernesto Abella (Independent)
- Leodegario de Guzman (Partido Lakas ng Masa)
- Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Norberto Gonzales (Partido Demokratiko Sosyalista ng Pilipinas)
- Panfilo Lacson (Partido Para sa Demokratikong Reporma)
- Faisal Mangondato (Katipunan ng Kamalayang Kayumanggi)
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr. (Partido Federal ng Pilipinas)
- Jose Montemayor Jr. (Democratic Party of the Philippines)
- Emmanuel Pacquiao (Abag Promdi)
- Maria Leonor Robredo (Independent)
Independent candidates Hilario Andes, Danilo Lihaylihay, Maria Aurora Marcos, and Edgar Niez were removed on January 4. Gerald Arcega was excluded from the list on January 11.
The number of vice presidential aspirants remains at nine so far.
Meanwhile, six bets, all independent, have also been removed from the tentative list of senatorial aspirants:
- Joel Apolinario
- Oscar Arcilla
- Deviendo Biazon Sr.
- Samuel Aloysius Jardin
- Mark Anthony Lacap
- Norman Marquez
This brings down the number of senatorial bets to 64.
Comelec has yet to announce a final list of candidates, as it resolves petitions against certain candidates, including those filed against Marcos Jr.
Ruling party PDP-Laban has also requested the commission to reopen the filing of certificates of candidacy. – with a report from Dwight de Leon/Rappler.com